On May 26, a 31-year-old man stripped a homeless person naked under a highway overpass and attempted to eat his victim’s face for minutes until police shot the suspect dead. However, not before he devoured three-fourths of his fleshy feast. (I have seen pictures) Officers investigating the Miami, Florida incident say that they believe bath salt use could have played a role, and less than a month after that episode, similar accounts have been reported.
Bath Salts have also been linked to two Harris County Texas deaths. A 46-year-old Jersey Village man, known to abuse bath salts, was found outside a northwest Harris County business hanging upside down from a piece of coiled razor wire above a chain link fence with a gash above his right wrist. It is believed he bled to death.
Bath salts. From what I’ve heard about them they are some serious shit, but I didn’t know exactly what they were so I decided to do some research for myself. On the street this drug is called “Ivory Wave,” “Purple Wave,” Vanilla Sky,” and “Bliss”. The products have been outlawed many states, but it’s still possible to purchase them online. Sites such as ivory-wave dot com and Bath salts direct dot com are still up and running. People have been arrested for purchasing bath salts online.
Bath salts are presumed to be methylenedioxypyrovalerone. This is a is a psychoactive drug with stimulant properties which acts as a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI). MDPV is the 3,4-methylenedioxy ring-substituted analog of the compound pyrovalerone, developed in the 1960s, which has been used for the treatment of chronic fatigue and as an anorectic, but caused problems of abuse and dependence.
- Snort/ smoking (Inhalation)
- Shooting (IV)
- Mix with food. (Ingest)
Duration of effect: 3-4 hours
- increased alertness and awareness
- increased wakefulness and arousal
- increased energy and motivation
- mental stimulation/increased concentration
- increased sociability
- sexual stimulation/aphrodisiac effects
- mild empathogenic effects.
- diminished perception of the requirement for food and sleep
Adverse effects physiological / psychological:
- High Heart Rate
- High blood pressure
- nausea, stomach cramps, and digestive problems
- increased body temperature, chills, sweating
- pupil dilation
- kidney pain
- ringing in the ears
- Over stimulation
- breathing difficulty
- agitation / hypertonia (condition marked by an abnormal increase in muscle tension and a reduced ability of a muscle to stretch.)
Disabled World – Disability News for all the Family: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/hypertonia.shtml#ixzz1x9GV3Rqc
- severe paranoia
- psychotic delusions
- extreme anxiety/agitation, sometimes progressing to violent behavior
- suicidal thoughts / actions
This new street drug scares me. You don’t know who is under the influence and it makes the world that much more dangerous. To think that someone could eat my face off on the street makes me shiver….
also published at speedingthroughnursingschool.wordpress.com