Who loves Fantasy Land at the Magic Kingdom? I know I do. It has changed a little over the years with rides and attractions coming and going with some old favorites remaining and upgraded. Fantasy land is expanding!
New Fantasyland is opening in phases for the largest expansion in the history of Magic Kingdom park, offering more immersive enchantment and interactive experiences! When it is completed Fantasyland will double in size. There will be two more themed areas: Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus.
Begining December 6, 2012, you will be able to venture through lush landscapes, discovering roaring waterfalls and royal castles along the way. There will be two new castles added to the landscape. Beast’s Castle, which houses Be Our Guest Restaurant, and , Prince Eric’s Castle, which tops off the Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid attraction. Also in the Enchanted forest:
Enchanted Forest attractions and experiences include: Enchanted Tales with Belle: Become part of a lively retelling of the “tale as old as time,” hosted by Belle and Lumière and Ariel’s Grotto: Take photos and get autographs with everyone’s favorite undersea princess. More information about these attractions
The Storybook Circus is now open. “Step right up to the classic American circus! Inspired by the Disney animated feature Dumbo, Storybook Circus transports Guests to another era—a period in time when the colorful big-top tents attracted audiences from far and wide with astonishing stunts, majestic animals and spectacular entertainment.”
- The Barnstormer: Take to the sky with The Great Goofini on spiraling stunt plane adventure high above the Storybook Circus grounds.
- Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Soar high above Storybook Circus with Dumbo on a ride that puts a new twist on an old favorite—and offers twice the fun!
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station: Adjacent to the Fantasyland Train Station and area restrooms is the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station, a circus-themed water play area where Guests can enjoy cooling refreshment.
- Fantasyland Station: Delight in the newest addition to Walt Disney World Railroad!
In the future, Fantasyland will include:
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Scheduled to open in 2013, this elegant royal court is home to Disney princesses who are ready to meet their subjects
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Embark on an exhilarating journey inspired by the classic Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
I am excited about Disney again with all the new stuff they are doing. This is sure a great time to be a passholder!