If you get the opportunity to check out Epcot’s food and wine festival please do. Its an amazing cornucopia of food, drink amd music.
My husband and I were there for opening night and this past Friday. We learned some things with this past visit.
1. On your way in, stop by the festival center and check out the festival shop, and the Ghirardelli exhibit. There you will find a great history of the company and how they make their amazing chocolate. Try some of their divine “liquid chocolate.” You won’t be sorry. The festival center is located adjacent to the Universe of Energy building.
2. While you are at the festival center and you are a Chase credit or Debit card holder check out the Chase festival lounge. Exclusively for Chase customers, this lounge offers comfy couches and hot and cold refreshments. Also, we were told if you arrive early enough you can receive priority seating for the Eat to the Beat concert of the day. That’s pretty awesome. Although…
3. You need not wait in line to get into these concerts. The theater is large enough that a seat can usually be found. If the theater should fill up at a more popular concert you may sit along the sides of the theater on the concrete planner boxes they offer a great view of the stage and space to dance if you like. Watching from the back of the theater is also an option as the music is loud and the stage is viewable from that vantage point.
4. Stop by Terra kiosk for a tasty meatless portion. They are absolutely delicious. This kiosk is new this year and worth a stop.
5. The first food kiosk next adjacent to the craft beer kiosk is the Hawaii kiosk. This is also new to the festival this year. They offer and amazing pork slider the pineapple chutney as well as a tuna poke. Delicious.
7. On all Fridays and Saturdays Epcot both the world showcase and Future World are open until 10 pm during the festival.
6. On your way out, stop by the festival center again to purchase bottles of any of the wine you sampled while at the festival.
I hope these are helpful tips to help you enjoy your time at Epcot’s food and Wine festival 2012