Carrie is asked to the prom by an unlikely suitor and is humiliated at the Bates High School prom when the teens drop pigs blood on her from above. Carrie uses her telekinetic powers to wreak havoc on the prom attendees killing many of them including her Gym teachers Miss Collins.
Carrie was the first Stephen King’s forth novel and it was the first to be adapted into a feature film. Stephen King taught English at the time Hampden Academy in Hampden Maine. Amazing movie! The end scares me everytime!
- Sissy Spacek as Carrie White
- Piper Laurie as Margaret White
- Amy Irving as Sue Snell
- William Katt as Tommy Ross
- John Travolta as Billy Nolan
- Nancy Allen as Chris Hargensen
- Betty Buckley as Miss Collins
- P. J. Soles as Norma Watson
- Priscilla Pointer as Mrs. Snell
Again, the everyday made incredibly scary. Take a pinto, a mother and son and a rapid St Bernard and mix. What you get is something truly terrifying.
Cujo not only tells the terrifying story about a rapid dog but also makes commentary on the American family. A frustrated cheating housewife is found out by her husband he runs off on a necessary business trip to save his failing advertizing business. Donna and Tad take the car in for service to Joe’s garage. Little to they know that Joe’s dog Cujo has been bitten by a bat with Rabies and has begun to change and has killed Joe.
Donna and her son Tad arrive at the garage just in the nick of time and their alternator dies. Donna tries to exit the car but is stopped by a rabid Cujo. Repeated attempts to escape by Donna are consistently thwarted by Cujo. After Tad seizes, in desperation to help her son, Donna exits the car and is attacked by Cujo getting bitten on the leg. It is not shown the film but Donna will get Rabies. She finally does get out of the car and rushes Tad to the house for some water. Tad survives, Cujo comes flying through a window and the cheated on husband saves the day.
- Dee Wallace as Donna Trenton
- Danny Pintauro as Tad Trenton
- Daniel Hugh-Kelly as Vic Trenton
- Christopher Stone as Steve Kemp
- Ed Lauter as Joe Camber
- Kaiulani Lee as Charity Camber
- Billy Jacoby as Brett Camber
- Mills Watson as Gary Pervier
- Jerry Hardin as Masen
- Daddy as Cujo
What’s in the Mist? No one knows how the creatures got there. This movie is basically a character study and the central theme explores what ordinary people will be driven to do under extraordinary circumstances. The plot revolves around members of the small town of Bridgton, Maine, who, after a severe thunderstorm that causes the power to go out the night before, meet in a supermarket to pick up supplies. While they struggle to survive an unnatural mist which envelops the town and conceals vicious, otherworldly monsters, extreme tensions rise among the survivors.
This movie is another that is set in Maine in but filmed in Shreveport, LA. This movie has a twist ending that I didn’t see coming. And that is why I love it.
- Thomas Jane as David Drayton
- Laurie Holden as Amanda Dumfries
- Nathan Gamble as Billy Drayton
- Toby Jones as Ollie Weaks:
- Andre Braugher as Brent Norton
- William Sadler as Jim Grondin
- Alexa Davalos as Sally
- Jeffrey DeMunn as Dan Miller
- Melissa McBride as Woman With Kids at Home.
- Buck Taylor as Ambrose Cornell
- Samuel Witwer as Private Wayne Jessup
- Chris Owen as Norm: A bag-boy
- Robert Treveiler as Bud Brown
- Ron Clinton Smith as Mr. Mackey