The time is nearly upon us for the 2013 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. The festival will run from September 27 until November 11, 2013. Once again you can taste your way around the world showcase delighting in the cuisines of many countries. You can hobnob with celebrity chefs, join a Party for the Senses, sample international marketplaces and receive a first-class education in wine.
Or try out a sweet treat event. A trio of sweet treat events focusing on the most decadent deserts. Yum! Go to a demo or seminar, learn about wine, cheese, deserts and wine pairing.
Be sure to stop by the Festival Center located way in the front of the park off to the side next to the Energy building and Mission: Space rides. Her is where you will find the culinary demos, the wine classes, wine school, mixology seminars, cheese classes as well as celebrity cooking demonstrations. The festival center also has unique souvenirs of the Festival in the gift shop area. Also you can find any bottle of wine that is available at any of the kiosks or pavilions for sale right here in the festival center! (also some limited beers and spirits). Check out what’s coming here! (also see)
Besides the food, my favorite part of the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival is the Eat to the Beat Series. I’m excited about many of these. Some I have seen before and some are new. Concerts this year are:
STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas (always great!)
September 27 to September 29, 2013
September 30 to October 1, 2013
October 2 to October 4, 2013
October 5 to October 6, 2013
October 7 to October 9, 2013
October 10 to October 11, 2013
The Manhattan Transfer* (NEW)
October 12 to October 13, 2013
Wilson Phillips* (NEW)
October 14 to October 15, 2013
The Pointer Sisters
October 16 to October 17, 2013
Night Ranger (still fabulous)
October 18 to October 20, 2013
Boyz II Men
October 21 to October 23, 2013
Survivor (Still rocking!)
October 24 to October 25, 2013
October 26 to October 27, 2013
October 28 to October 30, 2013
Spin Doctors* (NEW)
October 31 to November 1, 2013
Christopher Cross* (NEW)
November 2 to November 3, 2013
November 4 to November 5, 2013
Dennis DeYoung (original member of STYX)(Still amazing. saw him last year)
November 6 to November 8, 2013
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
November 9 to November 11, 2013
What to know before you go.
- Admission to the Park is required.
- All food samples are tasting size and will cost you anywhere from 2.50 to 6.50 for a tasting portion.
- There are always several options at each kiosk for food and drink.
- The park will be busy.
- Pick up a festival brochure before heading to the kiosks. Or look at the menu here
- If you are worried about spending too much during your visit. Gift cards with wrist hangers are available at Guest Services outside or inside of EPCOT, The Magic Kingdom, Disney Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom as well as Downtown Disney (on the Marketplace side). You can preload them with your budged limit and enjoy the food.
Whatever your situation is, come on down to the Epcot Food and Wine festival. You won’t regret it.